Harper & Row, 1963.
* Hoyt, Karen C. The Use of Thought Reform in Large Group Awareness Training with Specific Focus on est. Master's thesis, John F. Kennedy University, June 1985. Available through Spiritual Counterfeits Project (see Resource Organizations in Appendix).
Jung, C.G. Psychology and Religion. New Haven: Yale University Press, 1938. Key, Wilson Bryan. Subliminal Seduction. New York: Signet, 1973.
Kaslow, Florence, and Sussman, Marvin. Cults and the Family. Marriage and Family Review, Vol. 4, Nos. and 4. New York: Haworth, 1982.
Kilbourne, Brock, ed. Scientific Research and New Religions: Divergent Perspectives. San Francisco: Pacific Division of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, 1985.
Kilpatrick, William Kirk. Psychological Seduction: The Failure of Modern Psychology. New York: Thomas Nelson, 1983.
La Barre, Weston. They Shall Take Up Serpents: The Psychology of the Southern Snake-Handling Cult. New York: Schocken, 1969.
* Lankton, Stephen R„ and Lankton, Carol H. The Answer Within: A Clinical Framework of Ericksonian Hypnotherapy. New York: Brunner/Mazel, 1983.
Leary, Timothy. Neuropolitique. Las Vegas: Falcon Press, 1988.
Lewin, Kurt. Frontiers in Group Dynamics: Concept, Method, and Reality in Social Science. Human Relations, Vol. 1, 1947.
* Lifton, Robert Jay. Thought Reform and the Psychology of Totalism. New York: W.W. Norton, 1961.
-----. The Future of Immortality and Other Essays for a Nuclear Age. New York: Basic Books, 1987.
Lisman, Michael, and Tanenhaus, Sara. Cults as Restrictive Groups: Assessing Individuals During Recruitment, Indoctrination and Departure. Unpublished manuscript, California State University, Sacramento. 1988.
MacHovec, Frank J. Cults and Personality. Springfield, III.: Charles C. Thomas, 1989.
Mahoney, Michael J„ and Thoreson, Carl E. Self-Control: Power to the Person. Monterey, Calif.: Brooks/Cole, 1974.
* Marks, John. The Search for the Manchurian Candidate: The CIA and Mind Control. New York: Times Books, 1979.
* Meerloo, Joost A. Rape of the Mind. New York: Grosset & Dunlap, 1961.
Milgram, Stanley. Obedience to Authority. New York: Harper & Row, 1974.
. Behavioral Study of Obedience. The Journal of Abnormal and Social Psychology. Vol. 67, No. 4, 1963.
* Miller, Jesse S. The Utilization of Hypnotic Techniques in Religious Cult Conversion. Weston, Mass.: The Cultic Studies Journal, Vol. 3, No. 2, 1986.
* Morse, Edwin L., and Morse, Julia C. Toward a Theory of Therapy with Cultic Victims. American Journal of Psychotherapy, Vol. 41, No. 4, October 1987.
Mostache, Harriet. Searching: Practices and Beliefs of the Religious Cults and Human Potential Groups. New York: Stravon Educational Press, 1983.
Northrup, Bowen. Treating the Mind—Psychotherapy Faces a Stubborn Problem: Abuses by Therapists; Role Imparts Power That is Easy to Misuse, and Field is Tricky One to Regulate; The Damage a Victim Suffers. The Wall Street Journal, Vol. 208. No. 85.
* Ofshe, Richard, and Singer, Margaret. Attacks on Peripheral versus Central Elements of $elf and the Impact of Thought Reforming Techniques. The Cultic Studies Journal, Vol. 3, No. 1, 1986. Packard, Vance. The Hidden Persuaders. New York: David McKay, 1965.
Randi, James. Flim Flam! Psychics, ESP, Unicorns and Other Delusions. Buffalo, NY: Prometheus Books, 1986.
Reich, Wilhelm. The Mass Psychology of Fascism. New York: Pocket Books, 1976.
Rose, Steven. The Conscious Brain. New York: Vintage Books, 1976. Rosen, R.D. Psychobabble. New York:
*Sargant, William. Battle for the Mind. London: Pan Books, 1951, 1959.
—. The Unquiet Mind. London: Pan Books, 1967.
—. The Mind Possessed. New York: Penguin, 1975.
* Satir, Virginia. Conjoint Family Therapy. Palo Alto: Science and Behavior Books, 1964.
. Helping Families to Change. Hays, Kansas: The High Plains Comprehensive Community Mental Health Center, 1972.
---- Peoplemaking. Palo Alto: Science and Behavior Books, 1972.
* Schein, Edgar, with Schneier, Inge, and Barker, Curtis. Coercive Persuasion. New York: W.W. Norton, 1971.
Shapiro, E. Destructive Cultism. American Family Physician, February 1977.
*Singer, Margaret. Coming Out of the Cults. Psychology Today, January 1979.
Cults: What Are They? Why Now? Forecast for Home Economics, May/June 1979.
. Consultation With Families of Cultists. In Wynne, L.C.; McDaniel, S.H.; and Weber, T.T. Systems Consultation: A New Perspective for Family Therapy. New York: Guilford Press, 1986.
-----. Group Psychodynamics. In The Merck Manual of Diagnosis and Therapy, edited by R. Berkow. Rahway, N.J.: Merck Sharp & Dohme Research Laboratories, 1987.
* Singer, Margaret, and West, Louis J. Cults, Quacks and Non-Professional Psychotherapies, Comprehensive Textbook of Psychiatry, ill. Baltimore: Williams & Wilkins, 1980.
Spero, M.H. Psychotherapeutic procedure with religious cult devotees. The Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease, 1982.
Sprecher, Paul. The Cult as a Total Institution: Perceptual Distortion, Consensual Validation, and Independent Decision Making delivered to the panel Taking the Cult to Court, Conference on Law and Society, Washington, D.C., June 13, 1987.
Skinner, B.F Beyond Freedom and Dignify. New York: Alfred A. Knopf, 1971.
*Temerlin, M.K., and Temerlin, J.W. Psychotherapy Cults: An Iatrogenic Perversion. Psychotherapy: Theory, Research and Practice, Vol. 19, No. 2, Summer 1982.
Verdier, Paul A. Brainwashing and the Cults. Calif.: The Institute of Behavioral Conditioning, 1977.
Watziawick, P., Weakland, J., and Fisch, R. Change. New York: W.W. Norton, 1974.
West, Louis Jolyon. Contemporary Cults—Utopian Image, Infernal Reality. The Center Magazine, March/April 1982.
West, L. J., and Delgado, Richard. Psyching Out the Cults' Collective Mania. Los Angeles Times, October 26, 1978.
* Zeig, J.K. Ericksonian Approaches to Hypnosis and Psychotherapy. New York: Brunner/Mazel, 1982.
Zeitlin, Hilly. Hypnosis and Cultic Induction Analyzed. CAN News. August 1986.
Zimbardo, Phillip. Now That Cognitive Science Has Put the Head Back on the Body of Psychology, We Migh't Consider Implanting a Little Soul. Psychology Today, May 1982.
*Zimbardo, Phillip, and Ebbesen, Ebbe B. Influencing Attitudes and Changing Behavior. Reading, Mass.: Addison-Wesley, 1970.
Bjornstad, James. The Moon Is Not the Son. Minneapolis, Minn.: Bethany Fellowship, Dimension Books, 1976.
* Bussell, Harold. Unholy Devotion: Why Cults Lure Christians. Grand Rapids, Mich.: Zondervan, 1983.
Chandler, Russell. Understanding the New Age. Dallas: Word Publishing, 1988.
Cohen, Daniel. The New Believers: Young Religion in America. New York: Ballantine, 1975.
Eisenberg, Gary D. Smashing the Idols: A Jewish Inquiry into the Cult Phenomenon. Northvale. NJ: Jason Aronson, 1988.
* Enroth, Ronald. Youth, Brainwashing and the Extremist Cults. Grand Rapids, Mich.: Zondervan, 1977.
Groothius, Douglas R. Unmasking the New Age: Is there a New Religious Movement Trying to Transform Society? Downers Grove, III.: InterVarsity Press, 1986.
Hunt, Dave. The Cult Explosion. Irvine, Calif.: Harvest House, 1980. James, William. Varieties of Religious Experience. Britain: Fontana, 1960.
Jones, Jerry. What Does the Boston Movement Teach? Bridgeton, Mo.: Mid-America Book and Tape Sales, 1990.
Kushner, Harold. Who Needs God? New York: Summit Books, 1989.
Langford, Harris. Traps: A Probe of Those Strange New Cults. Decatur, Ga.: Presbyterian Church of America, 1977.
Larson, Bob. Larson's Book of Cults. Wheaton, III.: Tyndale House, 1982.
* LeBar, Rev. James J. Cults, Sects, and the New Age. Huntington, In.: Our Sunday Visitor, 1989.
Levitt, Zola. The Spirit of Sun Myung Moon. Irvine, Calif.: Harvest House, 1976.
Martin, Rachel. Escape: The True Story of a Young Woman Caught in the Clutches of a Religious Cult. Denver, Colo.: Accent Books, 1979.
Martin, Walter. The New Cults. Santa Ana, Calif.: Vision House, 1980.
—. Kingdom of the Cults. Minneapolis: Bethany House, 1985.
MacCollam, Joel A. Carnival of Souls. New York: Seabury, 1978.
May, Rollo. Man's Search for Himself. New York: Delta Books, 1978.
Needleman, Jacob, and Baker, George, eds. Understanding the New Religions. New York: Seabury, 1978.
Yamamoto, J. Isamu. The Puppet Master: A Biblical Perspective and Inquiry into Sun Myung Moon. Downers Grove, III.: InterVarsity Press, 1977.
* Yeakley, Flavil R„ ed. The Discipling Dilemma. Nashville, Tenn., Gospel Advocate Press, 1988.
Aronin, Douglas. Cults, Deprogramming, and Guardianship: A Model Legislative Proposal” Columbia Journal of Law and Social Problems, 17, 1982.
Brandon, Thomas S. New Religions, Conversions, and Deprogramming: New Frontiers of Religious Liberty.
The Center for Law and Religious Freedom, January 1982.
* Delgado, Richard. Religious Totalism: Gentle and Ungentle Persuasion Under the First Amendment.
Southern California Law Review, Vol. 51, No. 1, 1977.
—, Ascription of criminal states of mind: Toward a defense theory for the coercively persuaded ('brainwashed') defendant. Minnesota Law Review, 1978.
----Religious totalism as slavery. New York University Review of Law and Social Change. 1979-80.
---. Cults and Conversion: The Case for Informed Consent. Georgia Law Review. Vol. 16, No. 3, Spring 1982.
---- When Religious Exercise is Not Free: Deprogramming and the Constitutional Status of Coercively Induced Belief. Vanderbilt Law Review, 1984.
----. A Response to Professor Dressler. Minnesota Law Review.
Dressler, Joshua. Professor Delgado's 'Brainwashing' Defense: Courting a Determinist Legal System, Minnesota Law Review.
* Greene, Ford. Appellant Molko's Response to Briefs by Amicus Curiae National Council of Churches of Christ, Christian Legal Society, and the American Psychological Association. Supreme Court of the State of California, March 18, 1987.
Greene, Robert H. People v. Religious Cults: Legal Guidelines for Criminal Activities, Tort Liability, and Parental Remedies. Suffolk University Law Review.
Lemoult, John E. Deprogramming Members of Religious Sects. Fordham Law Review, 1978.
Lucksted, Orlin D., and Martell, Dale R Cults: A Conflict Between Religious Liberty and Involuntary Servitude? FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin, 1982.
Robbins, Thomas. Cults. Brainwashing and Deprogramming: The View from the Law Journals. Unpublished manuscript.
Rosedale, Herbert L. “Letter to Mr. Ira Glasser.” American Civil Liberties Union, 1984.
Rudin, Marcia. The Cult Phenomenon: Fad or Fact? New York University Review of Law and Social Change, Vol. 9, No. 3, 1979-80.
Shapiro, Robert N. 'Mind Control' or Intensity of Faith: The Constitutional Protection of Religious Beliefs.
Harvard Civil Liberties Law Review, 1978.
---. Of Robots, Persons, and the Protection of Religious Beliefs. Southern California Law Review, Shepherd, William C. The Prosecutor's Reach: Legal Issues Stemming from the New Religious Movements.
Journal of the American Academy of Religion.
(author unavailable — автора нет в выходных данных) Cults, Deprogrammers, and the Necessity Defense.
Michigan Law Review, Vol. 80.
Zoning Board of Appeals, Town of New Castle, New York; Society of Neighbors. Petition to Deny Application of the Moon Organization to Operate an Indoctrination Center; Legal Decision, Appendix, and footnotes. 1981.
* The Assembly of the State of New York. Public Hearing on the Treatment of Children by Cults. August 9Организация Муна Anderson, Scott, and Anderson, Jon Lee. Inside the League. New York: Dodd Mead, 1986.
* Boettcher, Robert. Gifts of Deceit—Sun Myung Moon, Tongsun Park and the Korean Scandal. New York:
Holt, Rinehart & Winston. 1980.
Edwards, Christopher. Crazy for God: The Nightmare of Cult Life. Englewood Cliffs, N.J.: Prentice-Hall, 1979.
* Freed, Josh. Moonwebs: Journey into the Mind of a Cult. Toronto, Ont.: Dorset, 1980.
* Greene, Ford, esq. The Outline of Rev. Moon's Hand in Central America: The Unification Church, the World Anti-Communist League, CAUSA and John Singlaub. Unpublished manuscript, 1987.
Heftmann, Erica. Dark Side of the Moonies. Sydney, Australia: Penguin, 1982.
Horowitz, lrving Louis, ed. Science, Sin and Scholarship: The Politics of Reverend Moon and the Unification Church. Cambridge. Mass.: MIT Press, 1978.
Lofland, John. The Doomsday Cult. New York: Irvington, 1977.
* Investigation of Korean-American Relations: Report of the Subcommittee on International Organizations.
Washington, D.C.: U.S. Government Printing Office. Stock number 052-070-04729-1, October 31, 1978.
* Kemperman, Steve. Lord of the Second Advent. Ventura, Calif.: Regal Books, 1981.
Moon, Sun Myung. Divine Principle. New York: Holy Spirit Association for the Unification of World Christianity, 1973.
Racer, David G. Not for Sale: The Rev. Sun Myung Moon and One American's Freedom. St. Paul: Tiny Press, 1989.
Underwood, Barbara, and Underwood, Betty. Hostage to Heaven: Four Years in the Unification Church by an Ex-Moonie and the Mother Who Fought lo Free Her. New York: Clarkson N. Potter, 1979.
* U.S. v. Sun Myung Moon and Takeru Kamiyama (Moon conviction of conspiracy and filing false tax returns, Kamiyama of aiding and abetting filing of false returns, obstruction of justice and perjury). 718 Federal Reporter, 2nd Series, Nos. 755, 765, 766 and 1153, Dockets 82-1275, 82-1279, 82-1277, 82-1357 and 82-1387. United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit. Argued March 23, 1983. Decided September 13,1983.
Wood, Alien Tate with Vitek, Jack. Moonstruck: A Memoir of My Life in a Cult. New York: William Morrow, 1979.
Lazarus, A. Psychiatric Problems Precipitated by Transcendental Meditation. Psychological Reports, 1976.
* Persinger, Michael A.; Carrey, Normand J.; and Suess, Lynn A. TM and Cult Mania. North Quincy, Mass.:
Christopher Publishing House, 1980.
Scott, R.D. Transcendental Misconceptions. San Diego: Bobbs-Merrill, 1978.
Tono, Reverend Kando.... the Background, Meaning, Content and Spirit... Kando Tono. P.O. Box 1868, Grand Central Station, New York, NY 10163, 1981.
* Lane, David Christopher. The Making of a Spiritual Movement: The Untold Story of Paul TwitchellandEckankar. Del Mar, Calif.: Del Mar Press, 1983.
* Atack, Jon. A Piece of Blue Sky—Scientology, Dianetics, and L. Ron Hubbard Exposed. New York: Carol Publishing Group, 1990.
Cooper, Paulette. The Scandal of Scientology. New York: Tower Publications, 1971.
* Corydon, Bent, and Hubbard, L. Ron, Jr. L. Ron Hubbard: Messiah or Madman? Secaucus, N.J.: Lyie Stuart, 1987.
Evans, Dr. Christopher. Cults of Unreason. New York: Delta, 1973.
Kaufman, Robert. Inside Scientology. New York: Olympia, 1972.
Lament, Stewart. Religion, inc. London: Harrap, 1986.
Malko, George. Scientology—The Now Religion. New York: Delacorte, 1970.
* Miller, Russell. Bare Faced Messiah: The True Story ofL. Ron Hubbard. New York: Henry Holt, 1988.
Vosper, Cyril. The Mind Benders: The Book They Tried to Ban. London: Neville Spearman, Ltd. 1973.
Wallis, Roy. The Road to Total Freedom: A Sociological Analysis of Scientology. New York: Columbia University Press, 1977.
Daner, Francine Jeane. The American Children of Krishna: A Study of the Hare Krishna Movement. New York: Holt, Rinehart & Winston, 1976.
Hubner, John and Gruson, Lindsey. Monkey on a Stick: Murder, Madness and the Hari Krishnas. New York;
Harcourt, Brace & Jovanovich, 1988.
Levine, Faye. The Strange World of Hare Krishna. New York: Faweett, 1973.
Yanoff, Morris. Where is Joey? Lost Among the Hare Krishnas. Chicago: Swallow, 1981.
* Davis, Deborah Berg. The Children of God: The Inside Story. Grand Rapids, Mich.: Zondervan, 1984.
Gordon, Ruth. Children of Darkness. Wheaton, III.: Living Books, 1988.
McManus, Una. Not for a Million Dollars. Nashville, Tenn.: Impact Books, 1980.
Wallerstein, Herbert J. Final Report on the Activities of the Children of God to Honorable Lewis J. Leftowitz, Attorney General of the State of New York. New York: Charity Frauds Bureau, September 30, 1974.
Kehaner, Lan-y. Cults That Kill: Probing the Underworld of Occult Crime. New York: Warner Books, 1988.
Lyons, Arthur. Satan Wants You. New York: Mysterious Press, 1988.
Scott, Gini G. The Magicians: A Study of Power in a Black Magic Group. Oakland, Calif.: Creative Communications Press.
Terry, Maury. The Ultimate Evil. New York: Doubleday, 1987.
Atkins, Susan, and Slosser, Bob. Susan Atkins: Child of Satan—Child of God. Plainfield, N. J.: Logos International, 1977.
Bugliosi, Vincent, and Gentry, Curt. Helter Shelter: The True Story of the Manson Murders. New York: Bantam, 1974.
Kilduff, Marshall, and Javers, Ron. The Suicide Cult: The Inside Story of the Peoples Temple Sect and the Massacre in Guyana. New York: Bantam, 1978.
* Mills, Jeannie. Six Years with God. New York: A & W, 1979.
* Reiterman, Tim, and Jacobs, John. Raven: The Untold Story of the Rev. Jim Jones and His People. New York: Dutton, 1982.
White, Mel. Deceived: The Jonestown Tragedy. Old Tappan, N.J.: Fleming H. Revel, Spire Books, 1979.
Wooden, Kenneth. The Children of Jonestown. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1981.
Yee, Min S., and Layton, Thomas N. In My Father's House: The Story of the Layton Family and the Reverend Jim Jones. New York: Holt, Rinehart & Winston, 1981.
King, Dennis. Lyndon LaRouche and the New American Fascism. New York: Double-day, 1989.
Morton, Douglas V., and Juedes, John R The Integrity and the Accuracy of The Way's Word. St. Louis: Personal Freedom Outreach, 1980.
Williams, J. L. Victor P. Wierwille and The Way International. Chicago: Moody Press, 1979.
Gerstel, David U. Paradise Incorporated: Synanon. Novata, Calif.: Presidio Press, 1982.
* Mitchell, Dave; Mitchell, Cathy; and Ofshe, Richard. The Light on Synanon. Point Reyes, Calif.: Seaview Books, 1980.
* Franz, Raymond. Crisis of Conscience. Atlanta: Commentary Press, 1983.
Harrison, Barbara Grizzuti. Visions of Glory: A History and a Memory of Jehovah's Witnesses. New York: Simon & Schuster, 1978.
Jonsson, Carl Olof, and Herbst, Wolfgang. The Sign of the Last Days—When? Atlanta: Commentary Press, 1987.
* Magnani, Duane. and Barrett, Arthur. Dialogue with Jehovah's Witnesses, Vols. I and 2. Clayton, Calif.: Witness Inc., 1983.
Penton, James A. Apocalypse Delayed: The Story of the Jehovah's Witnesses. Toronto: University of Toronto Press, 1985.
* Reed, David A. Jehovah's Witnesses: Answered Verse by Verse. Grand Rapids, Mich.: Baker Book House, 1986.
* Walters, Randall. Thus Saith the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. Manhattan Beach, Calif.: Bethel Ministries, 1982.
Belfrage, Sally. Flowers of Emptiness: Reflections on an Ashram. New York: Seaview Books, 1980.
Gordon, James S. The Golden Guru. Lexington, Mass.: The Stephen Greene Press, 1987.
Milne, Hugh. Bhagwan: The God That Failed. New York: St. Martin's Press, 1987.
Strelley, Kate. The Ultimate Game: The Rise and Fall of Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh. New York: Harper & Row, 1987.